Friday 18 February 2011

The builders are here!

 Here is our little house people! 

 It's a 2 bedroom house and the second bedroom is tiny. This didn't seem like an issue when we bought it pre children. Now with a 3 year old and a one year old it is feeling a 'tad' squished to say the least. So we are finally having to some work done. Yay! See the little side extension on the right? That's our kitchen and above  it a new bedroom is going to be built! As well as some other things that we've wanted to change for ages. The builders arrived this week and the work has progressed fast. In fact this weekend me and the kiddies are going to be moving in with my parents for the rest of the work (God help them). It could take which could 6 to 8 weeks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't giddy with excitement...

Goodbye disgusting fireplace!



Goodbye disgusting kitchen walls...

 Goodbye disgusting light and ceiling...

Hello Patio doors here...

Hello new bedrooms, new plaster on walls, bigger living room, new decor, no more leaking bathroom...etc etc *faints from too much excitment*

You wanna see what going on? 





Look how much they have done already this week!

And the boys have been so excited by all this activity...

'Whoa what's this in our garden?'

They absolutely flipped out when the skip and the mixer arrived...


Obviously the tool kit came right out...

 As did the toy diggers...

 And then the real building work started...


I'll keep you updated and obviously show you what it looks like when its finished!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I am jealous. I so wish we could get some things done around here! Maybe someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *Love* the picture of Isaac with his reflection in the window! :) EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love how your boys' imaginations are flowing with all the excitement - childhood at its best!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete